The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center (“CBWCHC” or the “Health Center”) has a robust research and evaluation program that supports the Health Center’s mission to provide high quality and affordable health care services to the medically underserved, with a focus on Asian Americans. This program is spearheaded by CBWCHC’s Research and Evaluation Department in collaboration with the many departments that comprise the Health Center, including: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Social Work, and Health Education. Current and recently completed studies have covered a wide range of issues and programs such as:
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with childhood obesity among Chinese Americans;
- Asian Americans’ knowledge, attitudes and behaviors regarding tobacco use;
- Patient and provider perceptions towards integrating a patient reported outcome measure into routine care;
- Effectiveness of a smoking cessation health coaching program;
- Hepatitis B virus infection and immunity trends; and
- Chinese American adolescents’ engagement in risk behaviors.
If you have any questions about CBWCHC’s research program, please contact the Research and Evaluation Department at email@example.com.